The spTsrv is a hardware device for data acquisition that supports over 40+ protocols, both legacy and byte-oriented, over serial and IP networks. The product enables the digital transformation of utilities, enabling legacy migration, Serial to IP Migration and acting as a terminal server, protocol translator, and bridge.
spTsrv comes in three form factors, supporting 4, 8 and 16 channels. The base unit is 1U in height. The 8 and 16-channel units come in a 19″ rack-mount metal enclosure and operate on 110/220 VAC. The 4-channel unit is shelf-mount with a standard power of 5 or 12 VDC. Other power options are available on all units. The enclosure front contains a power LED, operational LEDs, and a serial maintenance port. System information is available through the maintenance ports or via a network connection. The enclosure back contains RJ-45 connectors for Ethernet and serial RS-232 ports. Each serial port includes transmit and receive data LEDs and supports TxD, RxD, RTS, CTS, DCD, ground, and synchronous clock RS-232 signals.
- Serial – Standard spTrv hardware is available in four, eight and sixteen channel configurations. Serial communication is RS232 over eight wire RJ45.
- Speed – Up to 57,600 baud for byte and 2,400 baud for bit.
- Network – 10/100 Base-T Ethernet ports
- Maintenance – One serial diagnostic port Per card
- Serial Communication – Bit, byte and HDLC, selectable by channel
- Support Utility – Windows-based program to view real time configuration, communication, and statistic information and to support field upgrades
- Power – Various options based on requirements. Contact ASE for options.
- Temperature – 0 deg to 70 deg Celsius operating, -20 deg to 70 deg cesius storage
- Surge withstand – RS-232 : +-10kV; Network : 2000 Vrms.
- Activity LEDs – RS232 transmit and receive data LEDs, one set per channel, Ethernet activity and 10/100 LEDs, power indicators
The spTsrv product is available with three application packages.
- Protocol Translator – For operation as a protocol translator or data concentrator with current support for about 40 protocols. Also supports data transfer between masters.
- Terminal Server – For operation as a terminal server interfacing to customer-written master station software. Its biggest advantage in this form is support for older legacy protocols
- Bridge – For operation as a network bridge, the more conventional terminal server usage. Inserting units at master and remote sites convert serial to network communication and back again without any changes at the master or remote sites. A single host utility can configure all devices on the network. RTU’s can be located with communication optimized to their location even when the device is moved to a different channel.
- Protocol Translator to convert between different bit or byte protocols
- Multi-host a remote device using the same or different protocols
- Data concentrator
- System load testing; replicate one device to 100’s to introduce a load for testing a new master
- Passive master point check to listen on communication of an existing master/RTU network, extract data, and forward that data as simulated RTUs to a new master
- Replace old serial and leased line communication with networks
Plus, all have the ability to interact remotely with an ASE2000. ASE2000 version 2, release 16 or later can connect to a spTsrv unit and present communication data at any remote location just as if it were at the spTsrv site.Read More
SPT4-NET-1 and SPT-ARM have been replaced by the spTsrv. Please refer to the End of Life Notice or contact us for more details.
Contact Us for more information
We’re happy to help you with any questions.Contact Us